The upscale community is the largest multifamily redevelopment project in Arlington history and one of the largest in North Texas
KWA Construction, a leading general contractor specializing in multifamily developments throughout Texas, has broken ground on the second phase of construction of Arlington Commons, the largest multifamily redevelopment project in Arlington history and one of the largest in North Texas. The upscale, urban-style complex has helped spearhead the revitalization of a formerly neglected neighborhood along Lamar Boulevard. Once all five phases are complete in 2026, it is expected to contribute approximately $300–400 million in value to the City of Arlington. Phase II is scheduled for completion in August 2021.
“The praise and success the first phase of Arlington Commons continues to fuel our passion for this project. This is a prime example of how redevelopments can be financially profitable, as well as beneficial for the community,” said KWA Construction President Brian Webster.
The first phase, completed by KWA Construction in August 2018, was warmly welcomed by the community, and was named Dallas Business Journal’s Best Multifamily Deal when it was announced in 2016. Following the success of the first phase, Developer The Nehemiah Company re-hired KWA to build phase II, which will feature a four-story 358-unit apartment complex and five-story covered parking garage. Designed by JHP Architecture, the luxurious studio, one- and two-bedroom units, ranging in size from 598-1,594-square feet, will offer open and spacious floor plans with stunning city views from balconies or patios.
“Due to the high demand The Nehemiah Company saw with the first phase, 75% of this addition to Arlington Commons will comprise of one-bedroom units and the remaining 25% of phase II will feature two- and three-bedroom units,” said Webster.
Additional community amenities include a designer clubhouse, a high-grade fitness center with a Well Beats studio, resort-style pool with sunbathing decks, an outdoor entertainment area featuring fire pits, shade structures and kitchens with grilling stations. Also available for residents is a dog park and dog spa. Located just two miles away from premiere attractions like the Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium, Texas Rangers ballpark and the $250-million entertainment complex Texas Live!, Arlington Commons offers easy access to recreation, restaurants and retail.
When fully built out, the redevelopment project will boast approximately 1,300 units. Phase II of Arlington Commons is financed through The Department of Housing and Urban Development.
# # #
About KWA Construction: KWA Construction is a Dallas-based construction firm specializing in multifamily developments. As general contractors, our team of experts remains dedicated to passionately developing our people, building great places and creating better futures. Founded in 2004, KWA has been recognized as one of the fastest growing mid-sized companies in North Texas by the Dallas Business Journal and recognized by the Better Business Bureau for our exemplary ethical conduct. For more information about KWA Construction, visit www.kwaconstruction.com.