Cooper Smith Agency, a public relations, social media and product placements firm, has an immediate opening for a PR Account Executive for the firm’s Dallas office, located in the historic Bishop Arts District. CSA’s clients exist largely within the building materials, commercial real estate/development and commercial construction industries.
Account Executives work with our team to lead their accounts while acting as a supporting role for the agency’s growing roster of clients. The right candidate must be a self-starter with 1-2 years’ experience securing media coverage, preferably in a B2B environment.
Strong writing and organizational skills, a working knowledge of AP Style, receptiveness to feedback and amazing attention to detail are also a must. A positive attitude, sense of humor and open-mindedness are also expected.
- Proactively pitching the media, as well as various other media relations activities.
- Drafting and editing press releases, bylined articles, blogs, newsletters and other forms of written content. (A writing test will be administered as part of the interview process.)
- Research/management of editorial calendars and media lists.
- Managing product placements on national home improvement TV shows.
- Overseeing client reporting and analytics.
Cooper Smith Agency offers a casual, upbeat work environment, competitive salary, a generous paid time off policy and health insurance stipend.
Are you a good fit? If so, we’d love to meet you!
To be considered, please send your resume, a writing sample (i.e. a media pitch) AND a press release you’ve written about us hiring you to firstname.lastname@example.org. Other examples of work are welcomed.
No calls please.